The K86 hill has been built in 1932 and immediately became famous as it was briefly (until 1933) the largest hill in the world with a record of 85 meters. The hill was mostly undamaged during World War II, and became one of the main ski jumping hills in DDR in the 1950s. The most prestigious competition held here was the yearly Winter Tournament of Friendship. The hill was being used until mid-1970s and then fell into disrepair due to the lack of funds. In the early 1990s a new K90 hill has been built in place of the ruins of the old K86.
|Last update date:||04.02.2023, 12:18|