The first ski jumps in Lake Placid were built around 1904-1905. In 1932, the Olympic Games were held on the modernized Intervales ski jump. The largest ski jumping hill in Lake Placid, which was homologated by FIS until 1970s, was demolished for the construction of a new ski jumping complex for the 1980 Olympic Games. The new K86 and K114 ski jumping hills were built of concrete and steel. Both hills were part of the FIS World Cup, but since 1991 only the COC competitions and the US championships were held there. In 2019, the modernization of the entire ski jumping complex began, which received new lighting, new plastic and a modern hill profile. The winter universiade was held on the modernized K90 hill in January 2023, and in February, after 32 years, the FIS World Cup returned to Lake Placid on the K115 hill.
|Last update date:||24.10.2023, 10:28|